Snow Crab Stuffed Mushroom Caps Au Gratin
Yield: 9 servings
|Chopped shallots||30 mL|
|Butter or margarine||15 mL|
|Cream cheese||175 mL|
|Snow crab meat, defrosted||1 can (320 g)|
|Fresh chopped parsley||10 mL|
|Seeded and cubed tomato||50 mL|
|Fresh lemon juice||5 mL|
|Dry bread crumbs||30 mL|
|Grated emmental cheese||175 mL|
- Preheat oven to 450° F (230° C).
- Clean mushrooms by brushing. Remove stems and chop. Reserve caps.
- In a small skillet over low heat melt butter; add mushroom pieces and shallots; cook until all juices have evaporated.
- Cool slightly. In a bowl, add mushrooms, cream cheese, drained snow crab (squeezed to medium dry), bread crumbs, chives, tomato, pepper and parsley. Mix well. Taste and adjust seasonings.
- Fill mushrooms and place in a lightly oiled pie plate; top with cheese.
- Bake on middle rack for 15-20 minutes.
Recipe courtesy of Chef Richard Chiasson