Scallop Mousseline Stuffed Lobster Tail
Yield: 6 servings
|Raw Lobster Tail Meat||6 (3 oz, 85 g)|
|Scallops||½ lb (227 g)|
|Heavy Cream||¼ cup (60 ml)|
|Fennel, finely chopped||½ Bulb|
|Red Pepper, finely chopped||¼|
|Fresh Parsley, chopped||½ Tbsp (7.5 ml)|
|Olive Oil||1 Tbsp (15 ml)|
|Tumeric||¼ tsp (1.2 ml)|
|Black Pepper||to taste|
- Heat water in medium pot.
- Place a thermometer into the water to ensure the temperature is approximately 165° F (75° C).
- Heat oil in sauté pan; sweat fennel and red peppers for 2-3 minutes.
- Add turmeric and allow to cool.
- Put scallops into a food processor and pulse.
- Add cream and process until smooth then fold in egg white.
- If necessary, put through a tamis to remove any lumps.
- Fold in fennel and red peppers, season with salt and black pepper.
- Layout a piece of plastic wrap.
- Score lobster tails in between each loin and fill with scallop mousseline filling and roll up tightly.
- Poach in water for 6 to 9 minutes.
- Let rest before slicing.
Method for Serving
- Slice each tail on the bias.
- Serve warm with grains or chilled with greens.
Chefs Tip: Left over mousseline will last a few days in the refrigerator or can be frozen for use at a later date.
Recipe courtesy of Gourmet Chef Packers