Rock Crab “Summer Rolls”
|Atlantic Rock Crab meat, frozen||200 g|
|Carrots julienne||1.25 dl|
|Celery julienne||1.25 dl|
|Long snipped chives||1.25 dl|
|Chopped lettuce||5 cl|
|Asian chili paste||2 mL|
|Lime, zest and juice||1|
|Minced cilantro||30 mL|
|Minced mint||15 mL|
|Dry rice wrappers||6|
- Defrost snow crab meat and lightly squeeze out excess moisture. See note.
- Mix Rock Crab with other ingredients except julienne vegetables.
- Lay out rice wrappers on a damp cloth. Dampen the surface by folding damp cloth over wrappers for 3-5 minutes. Remove cloth.
- Place a layer of rock crab and julienne vegetables along the center of the rice wrapper and roll like a sushi roll.
- Cut in bite size pieces with a very sharp knife. Serve immediately.
Note: To retain all of the natural flavour of Atlantic Canada seafood products, always defrost them in the refrigerator and never rinse them under cold water.
Courtesy of Chef Stefan Czapalay