Oysters Au Gratin
Yield: 6 servings
|Cooked bacon bits||5 mL|
|Diced red bell pepper||15 mL|
|Chopped green onion||15 mL|
|Fresh lemon juice||3 mL|
|Grated gruyère cheese||75 mL|
- Preheat oven broiler to 400°F (200°C).
- Quickly brush oysters under cold running water. Do not let soak.
- Open oysters being careful not to lose the juices. Set aside.
- Cook bacon until crisp. Dry in paper towel and chop.
- Season each oyster with a pinch of pepper, sprinkle with the bacon, bell pepper, green onion and a few drops of lemon juice.
- Sprinkle with the grated cheese and broil until golden brown.
Courtesy of Chef Richard Chiasson