Mushroom and Goat Cheese Stuffed Lobster Tail
Yield: 6 servings
|Raw Lobster Tail Meat||6 (3 oz, 85 g)|
|Yellow Onion, finely diced||1/2|
|Portobello Mushrooms, finely chopped||2 cups (500 ml)|
|Goat Cheese, crumbled||1/3 cup (80 ml)|
|Fresh Basil, chopped||2 Tbsp (30 ml)|
|Olive Oil||1 Tbsp (15 ml)|
|Black Pepper||to taste|
- Heat water in medium pot.
- Place a thermometer into the water to ensure the temperature is approximately 165° F (75° C).
- Heat oil in sauté pan; sweat onions for 3-5 minutes.
- Add mushrooms and cook for 3-5 minutes; until it resembles duxelles.
- Allow to cool.
- Stir in goat cheese and basil.
- Season with salt and black pepper.
- Layout a piece of plastic wrap.
- Score lobster tails in between each loin, fill with mushroom-cheese filling and roll up tightly in plastic wrap.
- Poach in water for 6 to 9 minutes.
- Let rest before slicing.
Method for Serving
- Slice each tail on the bias.
- Serve warm with grains or creamed leeks or chilled with greens.
Chefs Tip: Leftover mousseline will last a few days in the refrigerator.
Recipe courtesy of Gourmet Chef Packers