Lobster Risotto Scented with White Chocolate and Saffron
Yield: 6-8 servings
|Fish or Lobster Stock||4 cups (1 L)|
|Arborio Rice, rinsed||1 ½ cups (375 ml)|
|Raw Lobster CK (Claw and Knuckle) Meat||1 lb (454 g)|
|Small Shallots, finely sliced||2|
|White Wine||¼ cup (60 ml)|
|White Chocolate, chopped||¼ cup (60 ml)|
|35 % Cream||¼ cup (60 ml)|
|Olive Oil||1 Tbsp (15 ml)|
|Black Pepper||to taste|
Method for Risotto
- Heat the stock with the saffron in a pot and reserve.
- Sauté the shallots with oil in a thick bottom pot until translucent.
- Add the rice to the shallots and toast (slightly golden). Note: toasting will bring out additional flavour from the rice.
- Deglaze with white wine.
- One ladle at a time, add hot stock to the rice and continue to stir until the rice absorbs the stock.
- Once absorbed, continue to add the stock until the majority is used.
- Note: rice should have a slight “bite” in texture. Ensure that rice is not over cooked.
- Once the rice has reached desired doneness, add white chocolate and melt.
- Add lobster and cook until desired texture is reached.
- Incorporate cream and season to taste.
Method for Serving
- Garnish with lobster and saffron threads, serve immediately.
Recipe courtesy of Gourmet Chef Packers