Lobster Mini Quiche
Lobster Mini Quiche served with Mesclun Salad and Apple Cider Vinaigrette
Yield: 6 servings
|3-inch tartlet shells||6|
|Bacon bits||5 mL|
|Green onion||5 mL|
|Lobster claws and knuckles||60 g|
Egg custard mix
|Lobster juice from the brine||20 mL|
|Milk, 2%||100 mL|
|Grated gruyère cheese||45 mL|
|Mesclun salad mix||750 mL|
|Wedges tomato, vine ripened||12|
|Apple cider vinegar, 4.5% acidity||20 mL|
|Olive oil||60 mL|
- Defrost tartlets as indicated on the box.
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C)
- Prepare the egg custard mix: mix together the lobster juice, milk, egg and seasoning. Whisk well.
- Spread the bacon bits, green onion and lobster meat evenly in the bottom of each tartlet.
- Pour the egg custard mix in the garnished tartlets so it fills it up almost to the top.
- Sprinkle cheese on each serving.
- Bake in middle oven rack for 20-25 minutes or until set. Let cool.
- Whisk vinaigrette together. Place the lobster quiche on a plate, accompany with the mesclun mix drizzled with the apple cider vinaigrette, and decorate with a lobster claw.
Recipe courtesy of Chef Richard Chiasson