Lobster Mac and Cheese
Yield: 6-8 servings
|Raw Lobster CK (Claw and Knuckle) Meat||1 lb (454 g)|
|Cooked Farfalle Pasta||5 cups (1250 ml)|
|2% Milk||2 ½ cups (625 ml)|
|Fontina Cheese||1 cup (250 ml)|
|Mascarpone Cheese||½ cup (125 ml)|
|Blanched Asparagus, finely sliced on bias||½ cup (125 ml)|
|Brandy||¼ cup (60 ml)|
|Shallot, finely chopped||1|
|Cloves of Garlic, minced||2|
|Brandy||2 Tbsp (30 ml)|
|Unsalted Butter||¼ cup (60 ml)|
|All-Purpose Flour||½ cup (125 ml)|
|Dried Bay Leaf||1|
|Fresh Ground Cayenne Pepper||to taste|
|Sea Salt||to taste|
|Black Pepper||to taste|
- Cook pasta and set aside.
- Bring milk, bay leaf and garlic to a gentle simmer.
- Remove pan from heat and allow flavours to infuse for 15 minutes.
- Melt butter in a saucepan and add shallots, sauté until shallots are translucent.
- Incorporate flour with a whisk.
- Cook at a low temperature until flour is golden in colour.
- Add brandy.
- Slowly whisk milk into flour mixture until fully incorporated.
- Cook for 10 to 15 minutes on low heat, whisking often, until sauce has thickened.
- Add cayenne and black pepper (Note: wait until end to season with salt, lobster will add much flavour.)
- Add lobster and cook in sauce until lobster is close to desired texture.
- Add cheese then the cooked pasta and asparagus, season to taste.
Method for Serving
- Garnish with cooked lobster, grated cheese and slices of asparagus.
- Serve immediately.
Recipe courtesy of Gourmet Chef Packers