Cold Open-Faced Lobster Sandwich with Coconut Masala Spread
Yield: 4 servings
|Raw Lobster CK (Claw and Knuckle) Meat||½ lb (227 g)|
|Unsalted Butter||½ lb (227 g)|
|Bacon Strips, cooked||8|
|Ciabatta Buns or Crusty Bread||4|
|Plum Tomatoes, sliced lengthwise||2|
- Bring the butter to a poaching temperature of 160-165° F (70-75° C).
- Poach the lobster until desired doneness (3-5 minutes)
Method for Serving
- Cut ciabatta buns in half lengthwise.
- Spread some of the coconut masala spread onto the buns.
- Build sandwiches from the bottom up; sprouts, bacon, tomato and lobster claws.
- Garnish with cilantro leaves.
|Coconut Masala Spread|
|Mascarpone Cheese||2 cups (500 ml)|
|Coconut Milk||½ cup (125 ml)|
|Onion, roughly chopped||½|
|Garlic Gloves, chopped||3|
|Fresh Cilantro, chopped||2 tbsp (30 ml)|
|Olive Oil||1 Tbsp (15ml)|
|Fresh Ginger, grated||1 tsp (5 ml)|
|Curry Powder||1 tsp (5 ml)|
|Fennel Seed, ground||½ tsp (2.5 ml)|
|Cloves, ground||½ tsp (2.5 ml)|
- Soften mascarpone cheese.
- Heat oil in a sauté pan; add onions and caramelize over low heat.
- Add garlic and continue cooking for an additional 2-3 minutes.
- Add curry powder, fennel seeds and cloves then add ginger and coconut milk.
- Continue to cook out spices and onions; allowing coconut milk to reduce.
- Puree and allow to cool.
- Fold caramelized onion mixture into mascarpone cheese.
- Refrigerate until ready to use.
Recipe courtesy of Gourmet Chef Packers