Coconut and Ginger Poached Lobster
Yield: 4 servings
|Raw Lobster TCKL Meat||4 (6.5 oz, 185 g)|
|Unsweetened Coconut Milk||1 (14 oz can, 398 ml)|
|2% Milk||3/4 cup (180 ml)|
|Unsalted Butter||1/2 lb (227 g)|
|Chopped Fresh Cilantro||1 Tbsp (15 ml)|
|Minced Fresh Ginger||1 Tbsp (15 ml)|
|Sea Salt||to taste|
|Thinly Sliced Snap Peas||1 cup (250 ml)|
|Olive Oil||1 Tbsp (15 ml)|
|Honey||2 tsp (10 ml)|
|Alfalfa Sprouts||2 cups (500 ml)|
|Black Pepper||to taste|
Method for Lobster
- Combine coconut milk, milk, butter, ginger, and salt in a sauce pan and bring to a boil.
- Remove from heat and allow the flavours to infuse for 15 minutes.
- Bring the liquid to a poaching temperature of 165° F (75° C).
- Poach the lobster in the liquid until desired doneness beginning with the tail, then the claws, knuckles and finally the legs.
- Please note that the tail will take the longest to cook- in order: place tail, claws, knuckles then legs into the liquid for best results.
- The tail will take approximately 7 minutes to cook, the claws 4 minutes, knuckles 3 minutes and legs 2 minutes to cook.
Method for Salad
- Combine all ingredients and reserve.
Method for Serving
- This dish can be served either warm or cold- the salad can be used in each application.
- Place salad on plate and arrange lobster on salad as desired.
- Pour a small amount of poaching liquid around salad, garnish with fresh cilantro.
- Serve immediately.
Recipe courtesy of Gourmet Chef Packers