Citrus-Vanilla Butter Poached Lobster
Yield: 4 servings
|Raw Lobster TCKL Meat||4 (6.5 oz, 185 g)|
|Unsalted Butter, cubed||1 (1lb, 454 g)|
|Whole Vanilla Bean, split lengthwise||1|
|Whole Blood Orange, zested and juiced||1|
|Whole Lime, zested and juiced||1|
- Heat butter in medium pot until fully melted.
- Scrape the vanilla seeds into the butter (the pods can be steeped as well if desired), add the blood orange and lime zest and juices.
- Warm butter to 200° F (95° C) remove from heat and allow the butter mixture to infuse for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Bring the liquid to a poaching temperature of 160-165° F (70-75° C).
- Poach the lobster in the liquid until desired doneness beginning with the tail, then the claws, knuckles and finally the legs.
- Please note that the tail will take the longest to cook- in order: place tail, claws, knuckles then legs into the liquid for best results.
- The tail will take approximately 7 minutes to cook, the claws 4 minutes, knuckles 3 minutes and legs 2 minutes to cook.
Method for Serving
- Remove all lobster meat from the poaching liquid and serve immediately with your favorite starch or serve chilled with greens.
- Arrange lobster body as desired.
Chef’s Tip: The total poaching time from start to finish should be 6-8 minutes.
Save infused butter for future poaching – just be sure to refrigerate when not in use.
Recipe courtesy of Gourmet Chef Packers