Bar Clam Dip and Crudité Plate
Yield: 6 servings
|Bar clams (drained weight)||1 bottle (220g)|
|Cream cheese||125 g|
|Lemon juice||10 mL|
|Garlic clove, minced||1|
|Worcestershire sauce||2 mL|
|Bar clam broth||125 mL|
|Sour cream||30 mL|
|Red bell pepper, sliced||1/2|
|English cucumber slices||12|
|French bread slices||12|
- Drain bottled bar clams and reserve broth, set aside.
- Chop the bar clam meat and reserve. In a small saucepan over low heat, reduce by half the bar clam broth. Remove and chill.
- In a blender, add clam meat, cream cheese, lemon juice, garlic,Worcestershire sauce, chilled broth, sour cream and process.
- Adjust seasoning. If you find dip too thick, dilute with milk.
- Serve with a variety of vegetables and bread.
Recipe courtesy of Chef Richard Chiasson