Snow Crab Cakes
Yield: 4 appetizers
|Atlantic Snow Crab Meat||500 g|
|Green onion, chopped||5 cl|
|Worcestershire sauce||2 cl|
|Lemon juice||2 cl|
|Breadcrumbs – divided||3 dl|
|Canola oil||2.5 dl|
|Salt and pepper||To taste|
Sherry Cayenne Mayonnaise
- Defrost snow crab meat and lightly squeeze out excess moisture. See note.
- Mix together crab meat, 1 egg, mayonnaise, green onion, Worcestershire sauce, lemon juice, 17.5 cl bread crumbs and seasonings.
- Form crab mixture into 5 cm patties about 1 cm thick and lightly coat with flour.
- Lightly beat the remaining eggs dipping the crab patties into the egg wash and coating with remaining breadcrumbs.
- Place patties on waxed paper. Chill in refrigerator for 1-2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 175 C.
- Brown crab patties in oil, over medium heat on both sides, until golden brown. Place on baking sheet and bake for 8-10 min.
- Serve with Sherry Cayenne mayonnaise.
Note: To retain all of the natural flavour of Atlantic Canada seafood products, always defrost them in the refrigerator and never rinse them under cold water.
Recipe courtesy of Chef Stefan Czapalay