Lobster Potato Salad
Yield: 2 servings
|Live Atlantic Canada lobster||1 (500 g)|
|Yukon Gold potatoes (precooked,diced in 1 cm cubes)||2|
|Scallions finely diced||2|
|Diced celery||1/2 cup|
|Lemon juice||1/2 lemon|
|Lemon zest||1/2 lemon|
|Fresh parsley – chopped||2 Tbs|
|Sour Cream||1/4 cup|
|Salt and pepper||To taste|
- Cook lobster by plunging it into 6 litres of well-salted boiling water for 10 minutes. Remove and cool in cold water immediately.
- Shell lobster, removing the meat and reserving some of the lobster juice.
- Dice lobster meat in bite-sized pieces; reserving a few morsels for decoration.
- Combine lobster with the remaining ingredients. Stir to incorporate and serve chilled.
- Serve over a bed of greens, decorating with lobster morsels.
Note: To retain all of the natural flavour of Atlantic Canada seafood products, always defrost them in the refrigerator and never rinse them under cold water.
For additional lobster flavor, combine a small quantity of reserved lobster juice with the sour cream, adjusting consistency with mayonnaise.
Recipe courtesy of Chef Stefan Czapalay