Latin Name: Xipias gladius
Also known as broadbill. Market grades are puppies, under 20 kg (50 lbs); pups, 20-40 kg (50-100 lb); and large, more than 40 kg (100 lb). Fat, firm flesh more similar to texture of pork or other meats than fish. Flavour is distinctive with a distinguishing difference between the dark and light meat. The light meat is gray-pinkish and turns whiter upon cooking. Often the dark meat is removed and not eaten as it has a stronger flavour.
Where To Buy
Select your region to display suppliers that will ship to you
- A. C. Covert Limited
- Acadian Fish Processors Limited
- Aspy Bay Fisheries Limited
- Atlantic Lobster (1999) Limited
- Bakers Point Fisheries Limited
- Bluenose Seafood Inc.
- Breakers Fish Co.
- CanJam Trading Ltd.
- Cape Breeze Seafoods Limited
- Capital Seafood International Inc.
- Captain Earl’s Seafood Ltd.
- Charlesville Fisheries Limited
- Clearwater Seafoods Limited Partnership
- Coastal Fog Fisheries
- Coggins Global Trading Inc.
- Cotter’s Ocean Products Inc.
- Dockside Fisheries (1988) Ltd.
- F. Thibault Seafoods
- Fort Point Fisheries Ltd.
- H. Hopkins Ltd.
- Huskins Fisheries Limited
- Inlet Seafoods Limited
- Ivy Fisheries Limited
- James L. Mood Fisheries
- K & N Fisheries Limited
- Kasier Industrial & Marine Limited
- Lobster World Inc.
- Mime’j Seafoods Limited
- N. LeBlanc Enterprises Limited
- Oceanview Fisheries Limited
- R & D Nickerson Fish Products Ltd.
- R & K Murphy Enterprises Ltd.
- Sable Fish Packers (1988) Limited
- Sambro Fisheries Limited
- Sea Merchant Inc.
- Shag Harbour Fisheries Limited
- Stan Demings & Sons Fisheries
- Stanley Lobster Co. Ltd.
- True North Fisheries Ltd.
- W. C. Nickerson Fisheries Ltd.
- Wm. R. Murphy Fisheries Ltd.
- Xsealent Seafood Company
- Yarmouth Bar Fisheries Limited