Processed Canadian Lobster (Homarus americanus) from Atlantic Canada
Over half the world’s supply of Homarus americanus, comes from the clear, cold waters of Atlantic Canada. Prized for its hard-shelled and full meat qualities, Atlantic Canada lobster is in demand by food service professionals seeking flavour, consistency and value.
Such a valued natural resource must be protected. Atlantic Canada’s inshore lobster industry sources product from a strictly limited number of independent fishers who tend their own traps and adhere to sustainable harvesting practices. There are also offshore fishermen participating in trapped lobster fishing. Each lobster is individually handled, inspected and measured, with the undersized and females with eggs released to protect the future of the fishery.
After harvesting, lobsters are carefully maintained in tidal pounds and inland seawater holding tanks that mimic the natural environment. Careful monitoring ensures water purity and optimal temperature as the lobsters are conditioned for travel. This minimizes stress, resulting in a quality product at its prime.
Atlantic Canada’s seafood industry continually seeks improvement through innovative methods of handling, packaging and transporting. Regular inspections by the Canadian Food Inspection Agency (CFIA) certify that processing plants meet or exceed European Union (EU) safety and health standards.
Frozen lobster is packed with shell on or as meats only. The meat can be purchased raw, blanched or cooked to suit individual buyer requests. Innovative Atlantic Canada frozen packaging means less environmental impact.
In addition to delivering a quality product, those in the Atlantic lobster industry strive for higher levels of client satisfaction through personal relationship, reliability, service and hospitality.
Lobster fishing seasons are highly regulated and structured to promote sustainability, while obtaining the hardest shelled, full-meat lobster. Lobster seasons vary in Atlantic Canada, but there is always at least one district open.
To learn more about Lobster Fishing Seasons click here
“Green tails” 1 × 10 lb case of
2-3 oz, 3-4 oz, 4 oz, 4-5 oz, 5-6 oz, 6-7 oz, 7-8 oz, 8-10 oz, 10 oz
Cooked, netted blanched or raw: 1 × 10 lb case of
250 g, 300 g, 350 g, 400 g, 450 g, or, 8-10 oz, 10-12 oz, 12-14 oz, 14-16 oz
Lobster in Brine
“Popsicles” 10 per case of
250 gm 575 g, 325 g, 300 g, 350 g, 375 g, 400 g, 450 g, 500 g
Cooked Lobster Meat, Vacuum pack or frozen in cans
Claw, knuckle, tail 6 × 2 × 2 lb, Claw, knuckle 12 × 11.3 oz (320 grams), Claw, knuckle, leg 12 × 4 oz., Claw, knuckle salad, Body and leg salad, Minced
Raw Lobster Meat
Claw and arm 12 × 1 lb; 3 × 4 × 2 lb, Tail, Leg
Other Lobster Products
Lobster pâté 1 × 24 2.6 oz, Lobster paste, Lobster oil, Lobster roe
Nutritional Analysis (per 100 g of steamed meat)
Energy 98 cal
Protein 20.57 g
Fat 0.6 g
Cholesterol 72 mg
Carbohydrates 1.3 g
Minerals 1.6 g
Sodium 380 mg
Potassium 352 mg
Calcium 61 mg
Where To Buy
Select your region to display suppliers that will ship to you
- A B Seafood Specialists
- Acadian Fishermen’s Co-op Association Ltd.
- ACR World Wide Ltd.
- Alliance Seafood Inc.
- Alma Lobster Shop
- Authentic Canadian Seafood
- B.A. Richard Ltd.
- Baie Ste. Anne Seafoods (2014) Inc.
- Barry Group Inc.
- Beach Point Processing
- Big Lobster Seafood Inc.
- BJ Trading & Marketing
- Bluenose Seafood Inc.
- Bolero Shellfish Processing Inc.
- By the Water Shellfish Inc.
- Canadian Packers Associates Ltd. / Canapak Seafoods
- Cape Bald Packers Ltd.
- Captain Cooke’s Seafood Inc.
- Captain Dan’s Inc.
- Carr’s Shellfish
- Ceafood Marketella
- Chicken of the Sea Frozen Foods Canada
- Edmond Gagnon Ltd.
- Gidney Fisheries Limited
- Gourmet Chef Packers Ltd.
- Ichiboshi L.P.C. Ltd.
- International Seafood and Bait Ltd.
- Island Fishermen Cooperative Association Ltd.
- KMI Seafoods
- L. & C. Fisheries Inc.
- Les Pêcheries de Chez-Nous Ltée. (Thai Union Canada)
- M & M Seafoods Limited
- MacKinnon’s Lobster Pound Ltd.
- Maritime Marketing Services Inc.
- Mike’s Queen Street Meat Market
- Minigoo Fisheries Inc
- North Lake Fisheries 2013 Inc.
- Ocean Blue Fisheries Ltd.
- Partner Seafood Inc.
- Paturel International Company
- Pêcheries Bas-Caraquet Fisheries Inc.
- Poissonnerie Arseneau Fish Market Ltd.
- Raymond O’Neill & Son Fisheries Ltd.
- Royal Star Foods Ltd.
- San-Can Fisheries Ltd.
- Sea Harvest Seafood (2019) Ltd.
- Seafood 2000 Ltd.
- Shediac Lobster Shop Ltd.
- South Shore Seafoods Ltd.
- Summerside Seafood Supreme Inc.
- Suncoast Seafood Inc.
- T & R Marketing
- Trinav Fisheries Consultants Inc.
- United Trans Ltd.
- Westmorland Fisheries Ltd.
- World Link Food Distributors Inc.