Seafood Expo North America
Seafood Expo North America/Seafood Processing North America
The Largest Seafood Trade Event in North America. Since its inception some 20 years ago, the Seafood Expo North America (SENA) (formerly known as the International Boston Seafood Show) has been the premier trade event for seafood producers and buyers throughout the world and is the largest seafood trade event in North America. The event attracts over 19,000 buyers and suppliers of fresh, frozen, packaged and value-added seafood products, equipment, and services. Attendees travel from more than 100 countries to do business at the exposition.
At this expo, Atlantic Canada holds a strong presence, under the Atlantic Canada Pavilion (Newfoundland and Labrador, New Brunswick, Nova Scotia, Prince Edward Island). Since 2005, the four provinces (under the Atlantic Provincial Seafood Trade Group) have worked together to assist Atlantic Canadian companies in maintaining their current position in the New England market and increasing their competitive position in this region and other US markets. Key efforts include providing market development expertise to small-medium size businesses (eg, assist companies with buyer networking, requirements for reaching new markets), increasing exposure through marketing and advertising (eg, direct marketing to wholesalers), increasing networking opportunities on-site to in-turn increase export sales, and increasing research of trends in the competitive market.
The participants include Atlantic Canadian fish and seafood growers, suppliers and/or associations are first-time or returning exhibitors, or first-time exhibitors, that are exploring the US market. The team efforts are for the benefit, not only of exhibitors, but of all Atlantic Canadian suppliers (eg, marketing campaigns or advertising).
Mar 06toMar 08, 2016
- Bluenose Seafood Inc.
- Clearwater Seafoods Limited Partnership
- Fisher King Seafoods Ltd.
- Louisbourg Seafoods Ltd.
- Sea Star Seafoods Limited
- St. Mary’s River Smokehouses
- United Trans Ltd.
- Partner Seafood Inc.
- Shediac Lobster Shop Ltd.
- South Shore Trading Co. Ltd.
- True North Salmon Company Ltd.
- VIP Seafood
- Northern Harvest Sea Farms Ltd.
- Ocean Choice International L.P.
- Newfoundland Aquaculture Industry Association
- Whitecap International Seafood Exporters
- Royal Star Foods Ltd.
- Confederation Cove Mussel Co. Ltd
- P.E.I. Mussel King Inc.
- Prince Edward Aqua Farms Inc.
- Daisy Bay Oysters (Raspberry Point Oyster Co.)
- Medallion Trading PEI Co.